We are pleased to inform that Maison Dawah now feels ready to embark into a new venture in the field of “Giving Dawah to non-Muslims”. We think that the time is ripe to start training young people specially in order to prepare them to carry on with this noble work that was started by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
The first training session of this kind started on Monday 24 April 2017 in the office of Maison Dawah at Labourdonnais Street, Port-Louis. About a dozen of young adults [male and female HSC holders and university graduates] participated enthusiastically in the session.
The first speaker, Mr Hossen Kurrimboccus, addressed the participants on the following:
· All prophets were shepherds
· Direct Dawah and Indirect Dawah
· Surah 12 Verse 108: "This is my way; I invite to Allah with insight, I and those who follow me. And exalted is Allah; and I am not of those who associate others with Him."
· Surah 3 verse 104: And let there be arising from you a nation inviting to [all that is] good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong, and those will be the successful.
· Surah 16 verse 125: Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and discuss with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is rightly guided.
· The constitution of Mauritius states: “ freedom of thought and religion, freedom to change his religion or belief and freedom, either alone or in community with others and both in public and in private to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance”.
The second speaker, Mr Ahamad Boodoo talked about the strategic importance of supporting (encadrer) reverts and their families all the way till they stabilize their situation. He then proceeded with explanations on the following five criteria:
A discussion session of 15 minutes closed the one and a half hour training programme, Alhamdulillah.